Each year, thousands of people are bitten by animals, especially dogs. While some dog bites are minor, many victims suffer painful injuries and both physical and emotional scars.
Most people know that the first thing they should do when they are bitten by an animal is seek medical treatment, but few know that their next step should be speaking with an animal bite attorney.
While no amount of money can heal your wounds, if you’ve been bitten by a dog or other animal, you may be entitled to compensation for:
- The cost of medical treatment
- Any income you lost due to time you had to take off from work because of your injuries
- Your physical and emotional pain and suffering
If you were recently attacked by an animal, take the time to discuss your injuries with an understanding lawyer at the Law Offices of Brett Levy PC. Our legal team can:
- Evaluate your case
- Negotiate on your behalf with the animal’s owner or the owner’s insurance company
- File and pursue a lawsuit on your behalf if negotiations don’t lead to a successful settlement
- Offer you support during this traumatic time in your life
Contact the Law Offices of Brett Levy PC today to set up a consultation with a personal injury attorney who handles animal bite cases. In many cases a person’s homeowners insurance will coverage all of your medical costs and be available to pay for your pain and suffering.